1.21.2010

Photography 1 - Series 3 - Various Assignments

Various Assignments

The following are photos from various assignments that we were given throughout the Semester.

Visual Poem:

For this assignment I took a picture of the Weeping Lady 
at the Logan City Cemetery and then this picture of Nate. 
I displayed them side by side and it was quite poetic, if I may say so myself. 
For some reason I can't locate a photo of the Weeping Lady, so you just get the Nate!

for blog

Silhouettes:

This is my sweet niece Hallie Grace. 
We were supposed to be playing with silhouettes and I caught this one kind of by accident. 
I absolutely love it, even though it's not really a silhouette!

for blog 2

The Cliche Verve:

Ahhh... the Cliche Verve. 
This is actually a picture that I etched out of some type of ash that was painted on glass,
then processed as a negative on the enlarger. 
This was a fun assignment, but it was super messy and the ash was quite smelly.

Cliche Verve for blog

The SHOE Project:

Okay, that wasn't what this assignment was called,
I don't really remember why we did this or what the point of it was,
but here it is anyway!! :)

Shoes for blog

Just Processed:

We took a trip to Jackson during the winter and went snowshoeing. 
I took this picture at the base of a trail that led to a gorgeous view of the Tetons. 
I couldn't wait to get these pictures back to the dark room!

Teton Mountains - for blog

Studio Lighting Test: 

I set up a faux studio in my in law's basement and had a great time 
trying out my lighting and actually figuring out what worked and what didn't. 
Yes, I know the lighting in this picture leaves much to be desired, 
but I couldn't resist posting a pic of Nate & I!

Nate & for Blog

Hailey:

What can I say about Hailey except that she is, hands down, my favorite dog. 
I'm more of a cat lover than a dog lover, but there is something about Hailey 
that makes me smile every time I see her! 

This is just a picture that I took for fun that I ended up processing 
during a demonstration for some kids at Edith Bowen.

Hailey for Blog

Self Portrait:

One of our assignments was to do a Self Portrait. 
I had such grand ideas of how this would turn out 
and I must say that the self in this portrait was not what I wanted to be, 
but I feel really liked the end coloring, so here it is!

Self Portrait for Blog

Duplication:

Innocence - for this assignment we had to spend time in the library and find a picture to duplicate. 
I don't have the original picture (I wish I did), but here is my replication. 
The model for this picture is my mom's cute neighbor, Megan.

Innocence - for Blog

Wow, that was a lot of photos. Thanks for hangin' in there with me!

Keep Smiling,

No comments: