1.21.2010

Photography 1 - Series 2 - Single Subject

Single Subject

Our second assignment in the class 
was to take multiple pictures of the below sculpture, located on Campus. 
When we were first given the assignment, I groaned inwardly. 
How can anyone make a good picture of such a stationary subject? 
It couldn't move, it had no personality, how was it to be done?

This assignment actually turned out to be one of my favorites. 
Not because I think my prints turned out astounding works of art, 
but because it stretched me and really taught me how to work angles 
and how to see the subject from every side.

Here are my final two prints that I made up:

Campus Sculpture 3 for blog
for blog 4

In case you were wondering, 
I was going for my silhouette in the background, 
I needed something to give this piece of metal some life!!

Keep Smiling,

No comments: