11.30.2011

Jacob

First of all, I'm pretty sure that one of my most FAVORITE things EVER is to be on call to capture a birth! If I ever grow up, I can add being an 'on call birth photographer' to my list of things I want to be!

Sweet Tori was admitted in the early morning on the day of Jacob's birth, and each time she texted me with an update, I jumped up to head out the door before I read the text ... unfortunately, little Jacob was super comfortable and wasn't all that anxious to get here! Tori was a superwoman and when I got the text at 1:30 in the morning, I was just as excited (although somewhat sleep deprived) to get there as I would have been at 10:00 in the morning!!

1

I arrived just after Jacob was born and as they were weighing him (*note to self: invest in property closer to the Women's Center). Although I wasn't able to capture that momentous occasion, I did get to see the first moments than Jacob was placed in his mom and dad's arms! As a photographer, one of the greatest honors is to be there when a parent meets their child for the first time - it is such a special moment!

3

2 (2)

4

Jacob was happy and healthy and hungry!!

5

7

Sharing the news with family & friends - at 1:30 a.m. our time!

6

8

9

10

I left the hospital and let Mac & Tori get some rest, then headed back up the next day to get a few more photos and to click away as Zoey met her baby brother! She was pretty hesitant at first, but by the time I left, she was happy to give him a special big sister squeeze!!

12

13

11

14

I have truly enjoyed getting to Mac & Tori through being their photographer and I am grateful to them for putting their trust in me to capture their special moments!! Congrats Mac & Tori!!

Keep Smiling,
Annie

No comments: