8.07.2011

... down and dirty ...

Yesterday I spent several hours working in the hot sun with six beautiful ladies in wedding dresses ... 
oh, and did I mention there was a mud pit involved?

As I was shooting, the girls got some photos of me in action, 
and since there are not many of those, I thought I'd post a few of them!!

Years ago, as I imagined shooting scenes like this (yes, I'll explain the scene in a minute), 
I never thought that being a photographer would be such a physical job! 
I remember going to studios as a kid and watching the photographer just stand there and get the shot ...
 but I'll let you in on a little secret - to get the good shots you've got to sacrifice your body, 
your clothes, and sometimes, maybe even your camera 
(although I wouldn't recommend the last unless you've got a death grip on it 
and are willing to fall before you let your camera get hurt)!! 
Often, the day after a shoot, I wake up sore in odd places and as I think back to the shoot that I just did,
 I can see why!!

Anyway, I really appreciated that they got these shots!!

Now, onto the shoot! 
We did another installment of Capturing Brittney - but I'm struggling with what to name it, 
so for now, I'll just leave you with this sneak peek:

DSC_0209_picnik for blog
DSC_0252_picnik for blog
DSC_0067 (2) for blog
As you can see, it was a pretty exciting day, 
and I can't wait until they are all sorted and edited and posted!!

Until then,
Keep Smiling,


PS - tomorrow I get to shoot twin baby boys, in a studio, and I can hardly wait!!

1 comment:

claire said...

Freakin awesome Clar!!! R u going to remember me when your a big shot because you are well on your way!! Love you little sis!