2.27.2010

Barren

It's that time of year. 
The trees are bare. 
The grass is muddy and brown. 
The outdoors feel barren and empty. 
This is the time of year when the word Spring brings me nothing but joy! 
To see flowers blooming and snow melting brings me hope and happiness.

But I've got to say that I do love the trees before they bloom. 
Their skeletons are beautiful. 
Their unique array of branches speak to me.

I tried to capture the some of the emptiness that this time of year brings. 
And when the hope and happiness come from the blooming flowers, I'll capture that as well!

DSC_0086 edit for blog

DSC_0116 edit for blog

DSC_0109 edit for blog

DSC_0088 edit for blog

DSC_0089 edit for blog

DSC_0081 edit for blog

DSC_0084 edit for blog

Oh, and I'm LOVING the new camera! Stay tuned for more pics!

Keep Smiling,

3 comments:

Erica Huff said...

They are all very beautiful! You are very talented. When we come visit, I would love to get some pictures. You are amazing!

Victoria said...

I love how you can capture LIFE and BEAUTY from something dead and blase. You and Nikki make a great team! ;) or in 1 word, AMAZING!

Grandma Vic said...

Love the pictures. Whose qbert...guessing Nate. Can I get a photo of the pic that stays stay right on it? I think it would be good to use in a lesson. Glad you're having fun. Love, ma